Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Learn to Fly

Its been a week of sorts.  Thursday night shenanigans turned out differently than expected.  Went out to dinner with the boyf to Vons Restaurant  which is a lovely little place down in Hardware Lane and this is what I thought:

I had a voucher for this place and loved it! Situated on Hardware lane, were greeted upon entrance and was going to be seated outside, however, i asked for inside (should have gone outside). The place was cosy, warm and inviting. Ordered some lovely Sav Blanc and boyf had Coopers. Ordered the Trio of Dips which was Taramasalata, Eggplant and Beetroot dips with foccaccia bread which was delicious. For main I ordered the Vons Lamb Backstrap and the boyf ordered Scotch Fillet with potatoes and salad. The presentation for both meals was superb however, I was a little disappointed with my meal in that because it was served on a salad and had a tzatziki sauce, the meat went cold quickly and my meat was a bit tough. However, the Scotch fillet was lovely and tender and the mushroom sauce was beautiful. We both had Creme Brulee for dessert which had a berry coulis on top. The berry coulis was slightly sour but the Creme Brulee was absolutely delish! The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and I loved that Michael Buble was piped through. However, should have listened when they tried to seat us outside as a live jazz band was playing in the lane and would have had a great view but next time I will be prepared.


However, we were supposed to go to the Queens of the Stone Age gig at Palace Theatre but we were soo full from dinner and exhausted from going in Myer and Target to find the boyf a cheap jacket that we couldn't be bothered going.  So we ended up selling our tickets for $80 each(apparently I am banned from negotiating ticket prices as I could have got them to pay a lot more than this). 
 
Friday was a little better, was rocking a new top from Temt, had done my hair in an awesome up do with a plait and was meeting some old work mates for dinner.  We ended up at the Imperial Hotel and this is what I thought:
 
Went here on a Friday night with a few work mates for dinner. The main bar was absolutely packed with After Work drinkers and we decided to sit in the dining area until we were ready to eat. The place had your typical pub vibe and was decked out accordingly. Prices were typical of a pub and was impressed that it catered for Gluten Free (which one of mate needs). We all ordered different things, Prosciutto Salad, Stuffed Mushrooms and Fish and Chips. Whereas my friend and I ordered the Scotch Fillet. However, we read the menu wrong and thought we were ordering the cut that had vegies on the side instead of chips and salad and were a little disappointed when it arrived but this did not stop us eating it. I had gravy with mine and the meat was lovely and tender. This place would be great if you worked close by and wanted to catch up with friends from work.


Was good to catch up with old work mates and bitch about Chuck and Miso and their crazy shenanigans.  I also got complimented on my eye make up which made my night as I was trying to start wearing make up again.  The whole reasoning behind the new make up is that I have been feeling down in the dumps as of late and I thought if I could look good on the outside it might make me feel a bit better on the inside so we shall see how that goes. 

Had to work on Saturday which put me behind with my studies.  Did some secretarial work for a partner and senior associate but both are a bit retarded with their communications and i ended up sitting around for an hour doing nothing and then got told off because I didn't do a tape sigh!! I also ate 4 charity chocolates which is not a good substitute for lunch.

Pretty much wasted the rest of weekend cleaning and feeling crook when I should have been studying.  However, did manage to do a bit of shopping and got Chuck Season 2!  This is an awesomely funny show which I have been having withdrawals of as it is not aired on free to air here.  Sanity had it for $20 which is a bargain! 

Yesterday was a nice relaxing boring work day but I did get to see my trainer and had to have the fat pinch test!  I have gained a little weight :( but I have grown 1.5 cm!! Looks like the Osteo did me good!  Did some very intense exercises which I am giving my own names for. 

First off, Air Ab Punches which is where you sit on a bench but lean back 45 degrees and hold a 3kg weight in one hand and punch up diagonally and bring the opposite arm back then bring weighted arm in and punch the other arm out.  8 reps then swap the weight to other hand and do 8 reps. 

Secondly, did lunches whilst having a different leg on step boards holding a 5kg weight with both hands.  Then swapping legs so right leg is in front and did about 8 reps on each side.

Thirdly, did funny push ups, but elbows along side body whilst on knees then doing a half push up with hand resting on step boards but on your feet.  Did 4 reps of this and then repeated the whole set.

Finally, did some resistance band wood chops 8 reps each side and lunge rows with resistance bands 8 reps.  Then repeat the circuit again.

Had a lovely massage as well afterwards for 30 mins which was awesome!

Anyhoo I better try and do this thing called readings for uni before I get even further behind.

However, have a gripe for today, Chuck is apparently been made to look bad as he couldn't get through on our help desk line.  It looks like someone changed the phones but it wasn't us and he was directed to switch which he wasn't happy about.  NOT OUR PROBLEM!  I can't control who changes the phones unless I did it myself which I didn't but he will be grumpy at us the rest of the day now.  The funny thing is, he has been sucking up to us of late because our firm has instigated a review your boss survey and he probably wants us to give him a good report when he doesn't deserve it. I decline to do it because he always whinges about the results, especially if it is honest. You made that bed now you lie in it Chuck!!!

Anyway, listen to some old school Foo Fighters for me.

Til next time :P

PS Miso is wearing the most hideous being wedge peep toe shoes I have ever seen and she look way funny when she walks.  What a clown!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment