Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lifelines

Well what a semi depressing weekend I had. Had a very very dark day on Saturday. So dark that even though I was being good and going for a walk to keep up my new fitness regime, I was so upset that I refused to leave my bed for a few hours and the world appeared very grim indeed.  I am starting to think I might need to go to a Counsellor or something as some of my dark thoughts on the weekend kinda scared me.  Maybe it was pre uni blues or end of Summer blues but either way, crying is not fun.  However, I was feeling better by the end of the weekend.

Bought some new make up which kinda cheered me up some new Rimmel Lash Accelerator as this was recommended by Primped


Also bought some cute Rimmel I heart Lasting Finish in Perfect Plum which I can't wait to try. 



Also watched a few movies too including True Grit:
I had no idea that this was a remake until I logged into here to do my review! This explains a few things now. I wonder if my father would like the new adaptation or not considering the original was made over 40 years ago and starred John Wayne! I watched this movie with no expectations other than a recommendation from a colleague to watch this and that it was a Western. However, I was left with a feeling that something was lacking from this film. The story is a typical Western story of avenging the murderer of a teen's father. Maddy (Hailee Steinfeld) is magnificent in this film from the start as a learned teen who knows the way of the world of bargaining and not taking no for an answer. She enlists the help of a US Marshall (Jeff Bridges) to help her avenge her father's death. Along the way she meets a Texas Ranger (Matt Damon) who is also looking for the murderer. Jeff Bridges was very very hard to understand throughout this movie with his southern drawl and Matt Damon's character almost seems unnecessary until the end sequences. However, I was impressed with the banter of Maddy and anyone she encounters and this was quite violent but not in a western shoot out type of way. There was only two Western type shoot out scenes throughout the whole movie and I was not impressed with the ending and thought that it should have ended differently. I did like it but not sure I would watch this again.

and Red:

I again, had no expectations about this film other than it was about retired spies. I did enjoy this film but only because it had Bruce Willis and John Malkovich. The film's plot was a little hard to follow in that it jumped from one strain to another one without much fluidity. However, this scene had some awesome outrageously over the top action scenes that kept me suitably entertained. Bruce played his usual gung ho action character but was surprised at how funny John Malkovich's character was. Helen Mirren added a little bit of class to the movie and the overall plot of the movie was revealed at the end but like I said they went the very long way about it when telling it. Not sure if I would watch this again... 

But Monday was definitely the day of stress.  Uni started!  However, was very annoyed that I had to buy textbooks for this (which cost me of $170!!!) even though the OUA site stated there was no prescribed textbooks :(.  So started the readings for my Introduction to Libraries and have printed the billions of readings for Record Keeping Concepts and Practice so I might not be able to do as many posts on here as I like due to the copious amounts of reading I will have to do.  Did read an interesting tidbit that Librarians should engage in "personal intercourse" with clientele in order to improve service to individuals which makes is sound like we are working in a brothel! 

But luckily the boy made a delicious Meatlovers Pizza for dinner and even made me lunch for today whilst watching new episodes of Modern Family!! Best show ever.

Today is a day of freebies!  I got selected to trial a new Maybelline Foundation which I should get either this week or next which I am excited about!  Also I got given a really really cute Pink/Grey/Black/White stripey vest from a colleague at work which will go with everything in my wardrobe!! 

Did an amazing Body Balance class at lunch and scored my free Fitness First magazine!! (have i told you that I have a penchant for magazines??)  I am looking forward to seeing the Osteo tonight and then onto Bowling (hopefully another 200 game will happen!).

Until then, my song of the day is Lifelines by the Doves so give it a listen.

Until next time....






1 comment:

  1. hey, i just started following you (off primped, love that site), i've started using the rimmel lash accelerator mascara too, its the bomb. i have a review on it, and am documenting it with photos to see if it works. check it out if you want. http://alazygirlsguidetobeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete