Tuesday, October 5, 2010

i have finally cracked!

Ok........... so I work in a library........... big deal!!!!

But you would think that a library environment would be nice, friendly,with no nonsense right?

Wrong!!! I got 4 words for you.  Anal retentive and obsessive compulsive.

The goings on of my colleagues has driven me to the point of insanity that I thought I would share them here to see if I am not the only one who thinks these people are looneys (well not all of them).

Firstly, I will have to introduce the characters of my work:

The Boss aka I like to pass the buck or Buck for short.  Has a laugh like Steve Carell but no one ever really knows what he is laughing about as he does like the share that information with anyone else.  His philosophy is do as I say and not as I do or alternatively, this is on a need to know basis and you do need to know.  Looks like a weasel.

Awesome rock/punk/indie tech savvy chick (Rpitz for short) (the only one with taste, style and a life of the group).  Always has interesting stories to tell and one of the few with a sense of humour.  Always looks on the bright side of life and might have watched Life of Brian too much. 

The I'm from England and wish I was still there guy or Prima King Henry for short.  Unfortunately, the term whinging pom doesnt even begin to describe him.  A big sigher, apparently everyone steals his lunch, loves the sound of his own voice, constant name dropper (e.g. my uncle's best friend's cousin is Elton John's cleaner.) generally miserable fellow who is the laziest worker I have ever met.

But I'm a mother!  or Bim for short.  Bit of a prude, everything is harmful or offensive.  Likes playing in classical recitals and not one who can take a joke at all.  Forgets to greet people before speaking to them but is an awesome baker!

Misogynist or I am the biggest drama queen ever or Miso for short.  Everything is life or death and cannot tell what is something to complain about or what is not.  Can't decide if she wants to dress like a boy or a girl.  Constantly needs compliments and attention.  Likes to bitch about people under her breath and thinks people cant here it.  Sings like a drowning cat.

My name is not Deidre or Metal chick.  A girl after my own heart, does the best British accent impersonations, can name characters from movies or tv shows at a drop of a hat, likes to smoke a lot (like me) and is pretty much of the same opinion as I am about everyone at work.  We like to bitch on smoko about how looney everyone is.

Hippy man or does this shirt make my guns look fat.  Very nice guy with a great sense of humour (who we are slowly moulding to be more corrupt and less sweet and innocent).  Dedicated father of three, awesome at his job, has a complex about getting fat and constantly exercises on lunch break, tight wad!

Then there is me, the bottom of the food chain yet agony aunt to all.  likes a laugh and has to otherwise will go insane from coworkers.  Smoker, part time uni student, loves a big m milkshake, tells it how it is.

Well I will write again, when someone chucks a wobbly at work next so stay tuned for gripe of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're going to play practical jokes on all of them. You could start by putting a dildo under the desk of the prudish mother and saying "Excuse me, have you dropped your dildo?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I think a Fifi Box (google her) would happen on the way to work and it would fall out my bag at the station in front of everyone and I would have to explain that it wasn't for me but the prude at work?!! lol

    ReplyDelete