Wednesday, October 6, 2010

to compliment or not to compliment?

Apparently, I am not as observant as I think I am.

I told Hippy Man that I liked his new shirt.  He refers to this shirt as his 'gay' shirt (his words not mine) which he bought recently.  It is a black and white striped shirt with white cuffs and would look very busy on a tv screen but luckily Hippy Man is not on tv very often.

So I thought I would mention this to him and his reply was.  "You only just noticed this after being here for an hour and a half??" Now if you didn't know he was a happily married man, you would think he was a screaming queen.  My response was, I was in late this morning and this is the first time I saw you.  Chuck happened to wander by at that moment and complimented the shirt as well which Hippy Man called him back saying "This is the first time you saw me this morning right? and you noticed it".  Chuck's response was "That's because I have good taste". OOh stab!! Hippy man commenced to go on and on about my non-noticing even thought Metal chick backed me up.  I said I could have gone and interrrupted his training session and embarrassed him.  He said I should have because his training group were en masse in the compliments.  I said you are making this up aren't you.  His reply was yes but only to make you feel bad.  I said I would kick him in the shins if he mentioned the matter again.

I must admit I do like the banter it brings a bit of fun into an otherwise dull and boring day.

Mental note, must do some uni work (possibly during work hours).

Why do I have Mr G's Naughty Girl stuck in my head? She's a naughty girl with a bad habit.... a bad habit for drugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment