Thursday, October 14, 2010

The week so far

Some good things and annoying things have happened this week.

Firstly, on Sunday, I enter the 5.7km run for the Melbourne Marathon which I completed in the very slow time of 46.22 but I don't even care about how slow I was, or the fact that I had to walk parts of it or that I injured my knee and my groin in the process because I FINISHED! In hindsight, I should have trained more for it as was walking like an old lady in need of a hip replacement (remember to stretch) but I know that for next time when I do a 5km run in November. Plus I got a nifty medal that I can engrave (which I will) and a showbag which has introduced me to the greatest drink in the world, Blue Powerade!

Me and Metal Chick both were walking like dorks on Monday and Tuesday but on that Tuesday I got a nice surprise when I found out my result for the online quiz in my Introduction to English class that I do at uni was a Distinction.  Although, some might say this is not that great a mark, I am happy because it is only the second Distrinction that I have ever received!! Now to try and power through reading Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare but I am going to be controversial and say that I think Shakespeare is horribly boring and the characters seem to rant and rave and go on and on.  And I know people think he is the greatest since sliced bread but I just don't see it but I will force myself to finish this book in order to do my next assignment.

I keep getting flashes in my eyes like I'm going to get a migraine for the past two days but I have been lucky to catch it in time by taking some panadeine so I'm just left with a dull pain that sits on my eyes.  Hopefully I don't get it again tomorrow because the Powerade doesn't seem to be working its magic like it used to :(.

Some other good news though, I have lost some weight and centrimetres during my Fat test yesterday (it's really the fat pinch test) which means that my two personal training sessions a week are starting to pay off but I want to lose more!!  I am thinking of bumping up my gym sessions but I'm finding it hard to get the motivation.  I will figure something out or maybe my trainer can writie me a better program for the days that I don't see him.

Had the house to myself last night which was awesome as I never get the house to myself.  Spent the night on the couch with my cat watching Channel 2 and laughing my butt off at the Librarians, IT Crowd and United States of Tara.  The only downside was that my Princess (the boyf) ate my Curly Wurly.  Chocolate needs to be hidden at my place otherwise the boy will eat it.

Today has been a very boring and annoying day.  My only gripe is that my boss Chuck was being his usual unsupportive self today.  Firstly, he greeted me this morning lacklustrely and then two seconds later a person from another department walked in and he was happy as Larry.  I overhead the conversation between which went:  "Oh I don't see you in the kitchen at this time very often"  and Chuck replied "That's because I get my people to make my coffee for me".  What a douche, your people would never ever make you coffee.  Secondly, Prima King Henry was a shit today by going off to lunch 15 minutes early from his shift and not letting anyone know and not asking for anyone to cover the phones!! But I noticed and so did a few other people in the my team who decided they had to tell me I should speak to Chuck about it.  My reply was not very diplomatic "I don't give a fuck anymore!  I have had enough and I don't fucking care!".  But nevertheless I spoke to Chuck about this and his advice was that I should speak to Prima King Henry and he will too.  I hate having to tell people off because I know one day I will lose my temper and scream the building down in the process.  I just don't get why people are so selfish or gutless that they can't communicate with one another.  If the stupid douchebag had just asked us to mind the phone we wouldn't have minded but he thinks he is high and mighty. 

Well lets hope my telling off goes well but I'm seriously not in the mood today to be trifled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment